MAGIC – that’s what every girl wants to look on her wedding day. To achieve this magic, brides-to-be spend hours and weeks to merely plan or rehearse their dresses, jewelry, nails, etc. However, we feel the most important part of accessorizing a bride is the way her hair is styled. Hairstyles enhance the overall personality of a bride and add the final touch of glam to complete her bridal look.
So here we’ve listed a few hair styles that can be tried in short, medium and long hair:
1. Curled open hairstyle – If you have short hair or medium length hair, you can totally rock this. First, part and pin your hair at the back as well as sides to create a light puff on the head. Now, start adding the sleek curls to the length of your hair. Bring the hair to the front from over one shoulder. You can add a matching head accessory once done.
2. Side bun with a Dutch braid – If you’ve got a really long and voluminous hair, try this out. French braid your hair until half way. After you’re done with the French braid, continue with a normal braid. Then wrap the normal braid around the side bun. To add more drama, you can tease the hair at the crown beforehand so it looks like a crown.
3. Fishbone style full braid – If you’re wondering what to do with your uber long hair, plait it fishbone style topping it up with gorgeous white pearls or other hair accessories. Part your hair at the side of the head and collect the total volume to the front from over your shoulder. Then tie the whole length of your hair in a thick fishbone plait, leaving only a little portion of your hair open at the end.
4. Classic Chignon – If you have a medium hair with less volume, try the classic chignon to look a princess straight out of a period drama. Blow dry hair for a silky smooth appearance. Take a curler and create waves from ears down. Build some volume at the crown by teasing your hair with a tooth comb. Gather your hair into a low ponytail twisting along the nape and pinning it as you proceed. After you reach your ear, curl the remaining hair and pin them back over the twist. To keep your hair in place, spray some volume lifting hairspray Finally, scrunch and curl the wispy ends with your finger tips for a perfect finish.
5. Low Updo – If you want a simple look, you can try the low updo decorating it with flowers. You can start with securing a loose ponytail at the nape of the neck. Pull the ponytail tighter underneath the base to make sure it stays in place. Once you’ve secured it, divide the ponytail into two sections, then twist them until you reach the end of the ponytail. Ginally, wrap the twist around the base of the ponytail forming a bun.
6. Curly Tendrils Updo – If you’re a classic version of a Grecian Goddess, this will make you thank us a tons! First, gather your long hair into a mid-level pony tail. Bring your curled hair together, wrap and tuck it. Leave a few spirals out for details. With this, you can wear an olive branch hair accessory to complete your Goddess look.
7. Front puffed long braid – If you plan on adorning your long braid with a jewel ‘choti’, this hairstyle is made for you. Back brush your hair from the front to make a voluminous puff. Then make a braid at the back of your head. Now add layers of flower ‘choti’ or wear a beautiful kundan ‘choti’ to appear like a queen right out of ‘pari lok’.